Eat right for your sight! Pomegranate Hibiscus Salad Recipe
May 25, 2021
This delicious Pomegranate Hibiscus Salad from Food Bloggers of Canada incorporates dark leafy greens, and fruits like pomegranates that contain antioxidants that support eye health, including polyphenols and vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, various B vitamins, fibre and potassium. It’s also packed full of omegas, heart-healthy fats, and bursting with vibrant spring colour! It’s a beautiful, light meal that can be on your table in under half an hour.
POMEGRANATE HIBISCUS SALMON SALAD from Food Bloggers of Canada
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup spring mix
- ½ a yellow pepper, diced
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2, 4 oz. wild sockeye salmon fillets
- 1 bottle Litehouse Pomegranate Hibiscus Dressing
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. In the meantime, marinate your salmon fillets by adding them to a Ziplock bag with 2 tbsp of Litehouse’s Pomegranate Hibiscus Dressing, a sprinkling of Himalayan pink salt and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Once the oven comes up to temperature, add the salmon fillets to a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salad. Start by washing and chopping all produce and nuts.
- Once the salmon is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Place a sheet of tinfoil over top of the salmon to retain moisture as it cools. Once salmon is slightly cooled, remove the skin.
- Begin plating the salads by laying down a bed of mixed greens and arugula, and placing the cooked salmon fillet on top. Add the fresh produce and garnish with almonds. Dress the salads lightly with Litehouse’s Pomegranate Hibiscus Dressing and season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Learn other ways to eat for your eyes and promote good eye health from Mayfair Eye Care when you visit our nutrition archives.