The weather outside is frightful…Fighting those winter blues
Our dry Alberta winter weather wreaks havoc on our eyes as well as our bodies. How can we combat those winter blues?
- Drink lots of water and decease caffeinated products such as coffee and tea which are natural diuretics.
- Turn on the humidifier on the furnace.
- Increase your intake of omega 3 by eating more cold-water fish each week.
- Use artificial tears at least twice a day. Ask either Dr. Penny which one would be best for you
Protect your eyes from the reflected UV light
- Wear a polaroid sunglass outside even on those cloudy days
Fight sore, tired and red eyes
- Take a break from your contacts and wear your glasses more often
- Make sure you have enough sleep
- Use your artificial tears daily
- Protect your eyes on the computer, also taking regular breaks
If you are having problems with your vision this winter, book an appointment with Dr. Penny.