Myopia tends to continually worsen as a child grows and the demands upon their eyes increase. The younger the child is needing glasses, the greater the concern that they will become a high myope.
The goal of Myopia Control is to minimize the normal change in the eyes so that the child does not become a high myope with all the associated ocular health issues.
There is a variety of techniques that can be suggested for myopia control. They include:
- Environmental factors such as increased time outside, and decreased computer screen time
- Atropine eye drops that are used at bedtime
- Specialty lenses for glasses
- Specialty soft contact lenses
- Orthokeratology (overnight wearing of specialty hard contact lenses)
Come into Mayfair Eye Care and talk to one of our eye doctors about which myopia control technique would be best for you or your child.